Wednesday, May 6, 2009

This Is My Family Photo


This is a family photo that was made on a deadline because Tammy and Karen and I were due to get on a plane to come up here to spend the summer with my Grandparents in 1967 and the reason it had to be done because they wanted to send him on some sort of assignment which he never went on and they need some sort of proof that my whole family was white and not a biracial where 1 parent is white and another parent is black. They were real funny about that in the 1960's But society was real funny about that in the 1960's. From left to right are Susanne Cheryl Ivey,Michael Duncan Ivey,Tambra Lynn Ivey.Christie Lou Ivey, Karen Michelle Ivey, Sandra Maurine Ames/Ivey This was made at McCoy AFB in 1967 That was also the same year my family joined the Church. I look tired in that photo because I was so excited because I was wound up the night before because I knew we were coming up here to see my grandparents that same day.

No comments:

Post a Comment